My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Working Hard for the Fish

Howie Anger, a former Mooresville resident who moved to Nashville, recently visited me for two days. The weather was grest and there were plenty of fish on the sonar but we really had to work to catch them. Howie did manage to catch a few nice crappie and a dozen medium sized bass. However the fish were not very active, hanging near the bottom. catfish were nowhere to be seen.
With the water temperature around 66 degrees, why were the fish deep. Don't know and I am having trouble finding big schools of bass. The crappie seem to be plentiful but bass are scarce. Medium sized shiners are getting scarce. The supplier had no mediums this week so I attributed the slow bite due to the larger bait fish that I was using, especially with the crappie. Lets take advantage of the good weather this week and get out on the lake to fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment