My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Some Interesting Activities Taking Place

 Several of us recently received a memo from the Wildlife Commission that the planned fish attractor program has been cancelled. The Commission had announced this new program several months ago and many of us volunteered to help with the program. The apparent reason for this cancellation was the objection by Duke Energy about the selected site requirements and also current Buoy requirements. Of course both of these are non-existent problems. Duke simply doesn't want anything placed in "their" lake. I am asking around and have contacted the Wildlife Commission to get a more sensible response to this decision. I have also requested from them, to provide me an interview so that I can write an article on this decision. I have yet to get a response.

Also I have heard that there are two changes in fishing rules. The first is that the length requirement on hybrids is being increased to 20 inches and also that the catch limit on spotted bass is going to be removed so that anglers can catch as many of this species as they wish. The purpose of this change is to try and eliminate all spotted bass from the lake. I have also expressed to the Commission that this rule would only make sense if there was a plan to start stocking largemouth to replace the spots. Apparently there is no such plan. I believe that these rule changes will eventually eliminate Lake Norman as a good fishery and I am concerned about Duke Energy's motives. I will keep you updated as I get responses from the Wildlife Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment