My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

The Fish Are Hot Now

 We have waited a long time for the good times to start again. Well ! they are back and the fish are very active, all the fish, not only the bass. I have had better success with the smaller live bait but the fish have run me out of bait every time I've gone out in the last two weeks. The hits have been very aggressive and I have had many multiple hits at the same time. On one occasion I had four fish on at one time and managed to land three of them. Drop offs are still good but the bass seem to be roaming around looking for food. Not many shad schools in sight so the fish are hungry, preparing for the cold weather that will soon come. I have caught hybrids regularly in the south end of the lake, finally, but they are not yet of legal size at this end. Surface activity is very visible in the afternoon so keep a casting lure handy that will reach way out. I have had great success casting at the surface rolls. Bait is fairly scarce if you don't get it close to Wednesday when it is delivered, so stock up so you won't be run out by the fish like I have been. My son in law boated this 5 pound plus last week along with two channel cats, two crappie,  one hybrid and 10 bass, al in a couple of hours, SO get out and fish guys, it won't last forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment