My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Monday, March 22, 2021

Fishing is Getting Hot Again

 I haven't been posting a lot lately but I have been on the water when the weather gets warm. I can't see any reason to got out there and freeze my but when I can simply wait until a warmer day. Well! those days seem to have arrived and the fishing is good. I call this the pre-pre spawn period. The water is getting warmer and the fish realize that the time is coming for the spawn. The bass are moving into the deep water ends of the creeks and coves and they are feeding heavily in preparation for the spawn. The water is a bit warmer at the mouth of the coves and they can still feed at the drop offs in the deeper water. As the water warms into the 60s they will begin to move further into the shallower water but now they are still deep in 30 feet or so of water.

I don't get many opportunities to get a photo of myself but this time it was necessary to have a buddy take this one. These are 5 and 51/2 pounders and I got them both at the same time. These are the biggest bass that my boat has caught this season.
There was a shortage of bait and I was forced to use some larger shiners but the bass gobbled them up as soon as they were dropped into the water, strange  thing.
I have been fishing in any drop off that i can find that leads to 30 feet of water. That's where I am finding a lot of fish. Also boated a couple of 20 pound plus blue catfish and the other day and a fishing partner brought in a nice striper. My wife and I were sitting on the boat tied at my dock and she landed a 20 pound blue cat the other day. Things are great on the water so get ut and fish.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jake...gonna head out tomorrow and see what I can do. Hope you are now feeling fine. Best Paul Mack

    ReplyDelete