My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Another good fishing day

 Harry Theil and I took a few hours to drown some bait the other day. Again for some reason bait was in short supply but I did find some larger shiners that I felt would work find. The fishing started slow as it has in recent days but as the afternoon grew old, the fish started to cause us some trouble, if catching three at a time is considered trouble. Of course Harry landed most of the fish except those that were multiples when I helped him out. He started with a nice crappie and eventually got about 20 nice bass like the one shown here

The spawn is in full swing and the fish are feeding heavily when you can find them. They are still on the drop offs in 30 to 40 feet of water. As usual, I don't fish in the shallows for the males that are building nests. I choose to leave them alone so that we can expect a good crop of new fish for the future seasons.

I expect that the good fishing will last a few weeks as the spawn continues and the waters continue to warm. Shad schools are still rarely seen and perch are not hanging out in the areas that I fish which is a blessing. Get out and fish guys, it doesn't get this good very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment