My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Big Cold Water Bass

Once again, Lou Mintzer, fishing with me on a beautiful January day and 50 degree water, snagged this three pound plus Spotted Bass, trolling with medium shiners. More important that this fish, Lou was also trolling deep near the bottom when his rod hit the water like it was snagged. When he grebbed the rod he thought that he had hook a monster Catfish. The line was not snagged on the bottom so I grabbed the net and readied myself for a big fish. Much to Lou's amazement, what he hooked was a rod and $300 reel that he had lost over a year ago in this area. I don't know if Lou was more happy with the big Bass that he had caught or the $300 reel that he recovered. The reel and rod were both in fairly good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment