My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Monday, March 16, 2020

Bass are Getting Hot on The Lake

With the warmer temperatures finally coming in and signs of spring all around us, nature is telling the bass that the time has come again for the male fish to eat heavily to gain strength to permit them to work hard on the nest building. The females are also feeding more often to insure healthy egg production. Normally the spawn starts at water temperatures from 60 to 65 degrees F. Sometimes other of natures signs like budding trees and flowers also signals that time to the fish. Recent signs of fish activity on the sonar screen tells me that the time has come. These images indicate that the large bass are schooled in water depths from 10 to 25 feet and they are hitting live shiners consistently.
In a recent 2 hour trip, I boated 22 bass, 5 perch and a channel cat before I ran out of bait.





No comments:

Post a Comment