My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Signal of The Beginning of The Spawn

Yesterdays 2 hour trip was another great success and it pointed to signs that the bass spawn has started. Fishing with golden shiners I hit two big schools of fish in 25 feet of water, I boated and released more than 30 bass and on several occasions missed fish that had bitten because of multiple hits at the same time.

While Talking to other anglers and dock fishermen I was also told that there were several bass on beds close to shore. This would indicate that the big males are working on the nests while the females are actively feeding in schools in the deeper water. The bites were very aggressive and I got several multiple  hits.
I have always suggested that anglers stay away from the nests during the spawn. This is an example of how fishing can continue without bothering the active spawners.


No comments:

Post a Comment