My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Channel catfish are bigger this year

Last summer I started to notice that the channel catfish that are normally somewhat of a nuisance on the lake but never were very big, maybe a pound or two, were starting to show a little more size. Lately I have also seen that trend continue. Yesterday I caught a channel that weighed in excess of 5 pounds and was 24 inches long. It also showed more fight than a normal channel.
                                                                     
                                                               Not only is it unusual to catch these larger channels but there seems also to be somewhat of a scarcity of the normal smaller channels. I have contacted some other catfishermen to see if they are observing the same situation but I have not received any answer that makes and scientific sense to me. If any reader is seeing the same situation, please contact me with your feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment