My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Hot Fishing During the Spawn

Social distancing is a good opportunity to get out on the lake for some great fishing. The past ten days have provided me some of the best fishing that I have seen in several years. The most interesting fact is that the shad seem to be coming back into the coves and I am seeing large schools of bass that are feeding heavily. What a wonderful image on sonar to see the action below.
All six lines went down when I saw this sonar image and I did manage to boat three nice bass and one channel catfish here. (Shown below)

My total for a two hour fish with fairly heavy wind was 17 bass, three catfish, two perch and one crappie. The day ended with this nice 18 pound blue cat. All these fish were caught with live bait, trollig at various depths, but most fish were caught below 20 feet deep.
Don't sit around, get out on the lake and get the fresh air and a lot of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment