My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Another great Tennessee Fishing Trip

Once again this year, the Tennessee River system provided me with some great fishing and even better weather. Normally history has threatened me with rain for this annual trip but this year the rain gods were generous and the sun was predominant. Booked a two day fishing trip with Bo Rice and took my Grandson Anthony along for his first REAL fishing experience. He certainly got a good dose of real Tennessee River fishing. Just a few photos below indicate his and my experiences. Each of us boated personal best fish. I caught my personal best smallmouth bass at over 5 pounds. I didn't break any of my own striper records buy I caught many above the 15 pound range. Anthony boated a 42 pound striper, a 25 pound black drum, a white bass and several 10 plus catfish. There was not too much water coming through the dam at Fort Louden but it was sufficient for good fishing even though we had to work a little harder than usual. There was so much bird activity that the osprey were diving down and taking our bait as it hit the water on a cast. That caused us to move deeper in the water and many rock hook-ups. We needed to adopt to a slightly different fishing technique but when we did we got great activity. Ala in all it was an excellent trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment