My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Identified the New Bait Fish

I have done my research and determined that the new bait being sold around this area is called the Black Salty. It is a form of goldfish and widely used in other areas of the country. It was developed by the Anderson Minnnow Farm in Arkansas. They live a lot longer than the golden shiner and will live in a tank for weeks if a bubbler is used. I have had good luck with this species and caught nearly all predators in the lake except crappie. But keep in mind that I normally don't fish specifically for crappie. Anglers that have used this bait indicate that it is better them the conventional shad or shiner. They are very active in the water but should be hooked up through the lips rather than close to the head or eyes. I have found that the smaller ones work better then the big ones but that is only my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment