My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Update on New Bait

Just a short note to tell everyone that the new Black Salty is still working well on all species. Even crappie are hitting this new live bait. Yesterday I got three nice bass, three channel cats and one nice crappie. The crappie didn't swallow the bait as all other fish did but it did get the hook. I still feel that most of the bait being supplied to the retailers are too big and I try to select the smaller ones if I'm permitted. The best way to insure that the fish are hooked is to hook the bait fish up through the bottom lip and then through the top lit as close to the front of the mouth as possible. The upper lip actually does most of the holding and it is rare that I have lost a bait fish to weeds or other structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment