My Latest New Book

My Latest New Book
Fishing Different

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Greatly Improved Fising

Despite the extensive holiday boating traffic and amount of rain that has fallen, the fishing on the Lake is improving but not yet back to its normal level. For the first time in some time I am seeing large schools of shad n the shallower water of the coves. The two shad schools shown were both showing signs of predator activity.
I'm not catching fish in any unusual volume but the sizes are nice with 2 and 3 pound bass a regular catch. I am also seeing a good deal of surface activity indicating that the predators have followed the shad into the shallower water.
I believe that we also had a good bream spawn this Spring because docks are reported to have large groups of small bream lingering around the shallow water of the docks.
White flukes are working as a plastic bait under and around the docks and as always live bait is producing big bass in the deeper water.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment